Attend or hold a workshop
Workforce Council regularly runs workshops designed to help you create sustainability in your workforce through workforce planning, or build a business case for workforce planning within your organisation.
We offer a range of development programs including two and four day workshops that build knowledge of our workforce planning framework. These workshops will give you the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Analyse industry and labour market trends and predictions
- Link workforce objectives with business plans
- Plan workforce strategies to achieve your organisational goals and objectives
- Determine and meet the education and training needs of your workers
- Design strategies and succession plans.
We also regularly run half and one-day workshops to build skills in specific areas of the workforce planning framework that support your HR and organisational development capacity.
Get credit towards a qualification
There is the option available to gain accreditation to the Workforce Planning Skill Set CHCSS0065 by completing our four-day workshop. Participants may be accredited by completing an assessment and paying an additional fee. Learn more about training pathways aligned to this skill set.
Do-it-yourself: online planning tools
Designed by experts from our industry these freely available planning tools can help you start the planning process on your own.
Develop a Professional Learning Plan (designed for Children’s Services)
- Developed by the Professional Support Coordinators Alliance (of which Workforce Council is a member) specifically to help Long Day Care services self-assess and plan.
- Supports Long Day Care services to effectively implement their Quality Improvement Plans through targeted learning and development programs.
Undertake a critical review of your business model (designed for community services)
- Developed by Workforce Council in partnership with National Disability Services and the Queensland Government in response to changing funding models for community service organisations.
- Enables organisations to conduct a strategic review, capability assessment and capability development plan.
- Requires organisations to create a free online account to access the tools.
View the Organisational Development Toolkit online via the Community Door website.
Review your business model in readiness for change (designed for aged care organisations)
- Developed by the Community Services & Health Industry Skills Council.
- Helps managers and leaders review their business models and skills mix.
- Provides a summary report, benchmark and action plan and can be used to inform your ongoing quality systems.
View the Future Readiness Review Tool via the CS&HISC website.
Request resources & topics
Use our online contact form to suggest topics for professional development or resources you would like to see developed to support workforce planning.