On 30 May 2018 the Health and Community Services Workforce Council (Workforce Council) hosted the ‘VET – Working Together to Build our Future Workforce’ forum in Brisbane. This event brought together over 60 vocational education and training (VET) stakeholders committed to producing quality training outcomes across the human services sector.
This was the first in a series of opportunities the Workforce Council will lead to design shared solutions to building our future workforce.
Participant highlights from the day included:
- Being part of a commitment to working together with a solution focussed approach to meet future workforce needs
- Health and community services workforce business briefing including workforce supply data
- Sharing challenges, solutions and networking
- Differences of opinion challenged our thinking and reminded us that there are many ways to think about our work
- A reminder from Uncle Des to own and remember your mistakes and experiences – these are your lessons.
The Workforce Council is now working on next steps, this includes bringing industry to the table to work with VET providers on the challenges and opportunities identified. This event will be held on 23 August 2018 – save the date and look out for your invite coming soon!